Telangana State public service commission released the TSPSC Group 1 syllabus 2022 for prelims and mains Examination, so here we bring the detailed TSPSC group 1 syllabus and examination pattern with marking scheme.
TSPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 for Prelims
As we know there are a total of 503 vacancies for TSPSC group 1 service and there would be a two-tier selection process that is Prelims and Mains, here are the Examination Pattern and Syllabus for the TSPSC Group 1 Prelims
TSPSC Group 1 Prelims Exam pattern
There will be only one paper for the Prelims which consists of a total of 150 objective-type questions for 1 mark each.
- There is a negative marking as well, for each incorrect answer, there would be a 33% negative marking.
- more importantly, there are only 2.5 hours for 150 questions which means you get 1 minute for each question.
- There are three languages that you can write prelims Exam which are English, Telugu, and Urdu.
|Papers||Subjects||Duration||Maximum marks||negative marking|
|Paper-1||General Science and Mental Ability||2.5 hours||150||33% for each wrong answer|
TSPSC Group 1 Prelims Syllabus
In TSPSC Group 1 prelims there would be one paper that contains General Science and Mental ability
- Current Affairs: Regional, National, and International
- International Relation and Events
- General Science: India’s Achievements in science and technology
- Economic and Social Development
- Environmental issues: Disaster Management
- History and cultural heritage of India
- World Geography, Indian Geography, and Geography of Telangana
- Indian Constitution and polity
- Governance and public policy in India
- Policies of Telangana state
- Social Culture, Heritage, Arts, and Literature of Telangana
- Social Exclusion: Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability
- Logical Reasoning: Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation
|TSPSC Group 1 Posts vacancy and eligibility|
|TSPSC Group 1 Recommended books for prelims and mains|
|Get more competitive exams notifications and updates|
TSPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2022 for Mains
The Mains examination is the last stage of Group 1 services posts after qualifying for the Mains exams The candidate will be allotted an appointment letter with their placements in TSPSC Group 1 service, here are the Examination pattern and Syllabus of the Group 1 Mains examination
TSPSC Group 1 Mains Exam Pattern
TSPSC mains consist of 6 descriptive papers with one general English paper for qualifying, here are the more details about the mains exam pattern
- There will be no negative marking in the TSPSC Group 1 Mains examination.
- General English is only for qualifying and these 150 marks will not be added to the merit list.
- The main exam paper will be available in three languages which are English, Telugu, and Urdu.
- Each paper consist of 150 marks
- The duration of each paper is 3 Hours
|Qualifying||General English||3 hours||150|
|Paper 1||General Essay||3 hours||150|
|Paper 2||History culture geography||3 hours||150|
|Paper 3||Indian society constitution governance||3 hours||150|
|Paper 4||Economy and Development||3 hours||150|
|Paper 5||Science and Technology, Data Interpretation||3 hours||150|
|Paper 6||Telangana movement and state formation||3 hours||150|
TSPSC Group 1 Mains Syllabus
Here is the detailed syllabus for the TSPSC Group 1 Mains 2022 given below in the table
|General English||1. Spotting Errors – Spelling, Punctuation|
2. Fill in the blanks – Prepositions, Conjunctions, Verb tenses
3. Re-writing sentences
4. Jumbled sentences
6. Precis Writing
8. Letter Writing
|General Essay||1. Contemporary Social Issues and Social Problems|
2. Issues of Economics Growth and justice
3. Dynamics of Indian Politics
4. Historical and Cultural Heritage of India
5. Developments in Science and Technology
6. Education and Human Resource Development
|History, Culture, and Geography||1. History and culture of India (1757-1947)|
2. History and Cultural Heritage of Telangana
3. Geography of India and Telangana
|Indian Society, Constitution, and Governance||1. Indian Society, Structure, Issues, and Social Movements|
2. Constitution of India
|Economy and Development||1. Indian Economy and Development|
2. Telangana Economy
3. Development and Environmental problems
|Science and Technology||1. The role and impact of science and technology|
2. Modern Trends in the application of knowledge of science
3. Data interpretation and problem-solving
|Telangana Movement and State formation||1. The Idea of Telangana|
2. Mobilizational phase
3. Towards the formation of the Telangana state
Here is the detailed notification PDF released by the TSPSC
FAQs about TSPSC Group 1 syllabus 2022
When does TSPSC Group 1 2022 exam start?
TSPSC Group 1 prelims will be held in July/August 2022 and Mains will be held in November/December.
How many questions are there in the TSPSC Group 1 prelims examination?
There is a total of 150 questions which have a negative marking of 33% for each wrong answer.
What is the Exam duration of TSPSC Group 1 prelims?
The Group 1 prelims exam has 2.5 hours of duration.