GATE 2023 Application form
On 30th August 2022, the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur released The Graduate aptitude test in engineering (GATE 20233) Application Form on its official website (gate.iitk.ac.in). Now GATE 2023 aspirants can fill up the GATE 2023 application form on the IIT Kanpur website in the GATE online application section. a candidate can’t fill the multiple application for gate 2023, one candidate can fill only one application.
To fill out the GATE 2023 application candidates have to register on the GATE online application processing system (GOAPS). Before you register for the GATE 2023 exam you have to read the Eligibility criteria first.
GATE 2023 Registration process
Before you going to fill out the application form you have to register on the GATE 2023 website. To register go to the login page and click on new user? Register here option after that follow the below steps to complete your registration process.
- On the first page, you have to put your full name as per your Aadhar card and click on confirm button.
- After that enter your valid and active Email address which will be used for communication purposes.
- In the next step select your country of residence.
- After selecting your country enter your personal mobile number and confirm your mobile number once more.
- Choose a valid and secure password such as (Gate1234@ or Gate2022+) This Means you have to put one capital letter, number, and any symbol to make your password valid and strong.
- After that enter the correct answer after solving the given expression and click on submit button.
- After successful registration, the Enrollment ID will be sent to your Email address and mobile number.
- Now you successfully registered for the GATE 2023 Examination.
GATE 2023 form fill-up process
To fill out the application form first you have to log in with your Email address and password which were entered at the time of registration. After that follow the below steps to fill the application form without any error.
The application process is divided into five steps which are given below
- Exam Details
- Personal Details
- Address for correspondence
- Qualifying Degree Details
- Upload Documents
Exam Details in GATE 2023 application form
- On the Exam Details page first, you have to select the number of papers you want to write in the GATE 2023 Exam ( The maximum number of papers you can select are Two papers only).
- In the next step select your GATE 2023 Paper Name.
- After that you have to select the Examination city as per your preference, you can select three Examination cities only, so be careful when selecting Gate 2022 examination city.
- After successfully selecting the examination city click on the save button.
People also see:
Personal Details in the GATE 2023 application form
- On the personal details page, you have to verify your Email ID and mobile number with OTP which will be sent to your mobile number and email address.
- After that enter your Date of birth, Gender, and Category (GEN, GEN-EWS, OBC-NCL, SC, and ST). There is no age limit for the GATE 2023 examination.
- In the next step select your country of permanent residence and State.
- Select a valid photo ID that has (an Aadhar card, Driving license, PAN card, passport, and voter ID) and enter your valid photo ID number.
- After that enter your guardian’s name, the country of residence of your parent, and his mobile number.
- After entering all the details on the personal details page click on the save button.
People also read:
Address of correspondence in the GATE 2023 application form
- On this page, you have to enter the full address with the area pin code.
- After selecting a country, state, and entering the detailed address click on the save button.
Qualifying degree details in the GATE 2023 application form
- First, you have to enter your college Pincode (which means the area pin code of your college or institute).
- After that select country, state, and city of your college.
- Enter your college roll number, Qualifying degree, Discipline of Qualifying, year of qualifying degree, Name of the university, and name of your college.
- After entering all the details click on the Save button.
Documents required for the GATE 2023 application form
- In the document section first, you have to upload a scanned copy of your color passport size photo and its minimum pixel resolution should be 240✕320, the size of the photo should be less than 200KB and greater than 5KB and the file format should be in JPEG/JPG/PNG only. (resize your photo)
- After that, you have to upload a scanned copy of your Signature and its minimum pixel resolution should be 80✕280, its size should be under 200KB and greater than 3KB, and the file format should be in JPEG/JPG only. ( To get the right aspect ratio take one piece of paper, scale, and blue/black pen and make a rectangle of 1.5cm in height and 4.5cm in width. 70-80 percent of the rectangle should be covered with signature).
- In the last step upload your photo ID in PDF format only and its size should be between 10KB to 600KB. Please upload the same photo ID which you have selected on the personal details page.
Payment page of the GATE 2023 application
- As we know GATE 2023 application fee is 1700 INR for the general category males and in other categories, males and all categories females should pay 850 INR.
- You can pay the exam fee with internet banking, debit card, credit card, and UPI payment methods.
Last date of the GATE 2023 application form
- The opening date of the online application form for gate 2022 is 30th August 2022
- The closing date of the online application form without a Late Fee is September 30, 2022
- the closing date of the online application form with the late fee is 7th October 2022
- The GATE 2023 exam will be conducted from February 4th, 2022.
I hope you get all the information about the GATE 2023 application form fill-up procedure.
If you have any doubts then please feel free to ask in the comments or contact us on the contact page.
Frequently asked questions about GATE 2023 exam
When GATE 2023 exam conducted?
The tentative dates of the GATE 2023 examination are 4th, 5th, 11th, and 12th Feb 2022.
How many papers are there in the GATE 2023 examination?
There are 29 papers in the GATE 2023 exam and two new Engineering papers were added to the GATE 2023 exam.
Is there any change in the GATE 2023 exam pattern?
No, there is nothing changed in the GATE 2023 exam pattern, it’s the same as last year.