About the CMA
Cost Accounting Management is a certificate program designed to train students for working in different industries and corporates. In India, the qualities of the CMA course are issued by the institute of cost accountants of India (ICAI). the program mainly focuses on valuation issues, financial statement analysis, working capital policies, external financial reporting, etc.
CMA course levels
The CMA program comprises three levels. One only becomes eligible for a higher level after she/he has passed the previous level. These are the three levels of the CMA course.
- Level 1- CMA Foundation Level
- Level 2- CMA intermediate Level
- Level 3- CMA final Level
Eligibility criteria for different stages of CMA
Here are the eligibility criteria for the CMA course with three different levels which are given below
CMA foundation level:
- You must have completed class 10th or equivalent level of education from the recognized board or institute.
- You must also have passed your senior secondary Examination (10+2) or equivalent from a recognized examination board.
- other than that, if you have a National Diploma certificate in commerce Education by AICTE or any state Board of Technical Education, you will be considered eligible.
CMA intermediate level:
- For the intermediate level, you must have completed your class 12th education.
- You should have passed the foundation course from the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI).
- You must have to hold an undergraduate degree in any discipline.
CMA final level:
- To be eligible for the CMA Final level, you must have passed the intermediate level Exam.
CMA course Duration
- The duration of the CMA course is flexible. which means that the time taken to complete the CMA program depends on a candidate’s level of focus and dedication to his goals
- The course can be completed from 6 months to 4years.
- Usually in India, students take at least 3-4 years to complete the full CMA course.
- In the US, the full CMA course is completed in just 6 months.
CMA course registration Fee
Here is the registration fee of the CMA course with three different levels which are given below in the tabular form
CMA Exam Schedule and Flexibility
- The CMA course provides Flexibility to the students appearing in different levels of Examinations.
- You can appear for the exams on any day or any month while the testing windows are open.
- The testing windows remain available for 6 months a year.
- CMA exams are all computerized. so, you will usually have to benefit to complete your exams quickly as per the schedule of your choice.
- the six months during which the testing window remains open are January or February, May or June, September or October.
CMA course syllabus
Here is the CMA course syllabus and subjects with three levels which are given below
CMA Foundation level
Paper 1- Fundamentals of Business Mathematics & statistics
Paper 2- Fundamentals of Laws and Ethics
Paper 3- Fundamentals of Accounting
Paper 4- Fundamentals of Economics and management
CMA intermediate level
paper 1- Company Accounts & audit
Paper 2- Indirect Taxation
Paper 3- Cost and Management Accounting
Paper 4- Operation Management Information System
Paper 5- Cost Accounting and Financial Management
Paper 6- Direct Taxation
Paper 7- Laws, Ethics and Governance
CMA Final level
Paper 1- Financial Analysis & Business Valuation
Paper 2- Cost and Management Audit
Paper 3- Corporate Financial Reporting
Paper 4- Strategic Performance Management
Paper 5- Tax Management and practice
Paper 6- Business Strategy & Strategic Cost Management
Paper 7- Advanced Financial Management
Paper 8- Corporate Laws and Compliance
Skills Gained Through the CMA Course
Following are a set of skills that candidates get to learn through this program.
- Expertise in financial accounting
- Strategic Management
- External Financial Reporting
- Internal Controls
- Performance Management
- Cost Management
- Expertise in Management Accounting
- Profitability Analysis
- Planning and Budgeting
- Risk Management
- Investment Decision
Career opportunities and Salary After CMA
A career after becoming a certified management professional can be very profitable. Here are some of the job roles that you will be exploring after completing the CMA course along with the salary.
Visit the Website of the Institute of cost accountant of India (ICAI) from Here
If you have any doubts or any queries then please ask in the comments or contact us on the contact page.
Frequently asked questions about CMA course
What is the full form of CMA?
The full form of CMA is Cost accounting management.
How many levels are there in the CMA course?
There are three levels in the CMA course which are, foundation level, Intermediate level, and Final level.
What is the duration of the CMA course?
The duration of the CMA course is flexible, it totally depends on the candidate’s dedication and concentration. In some cases, candidates can complete the CMA course in 6 months and in some cases complete it in 4 years. so it totally depends on the candidate.
What is the maximum salary after doing a CMA course?
After the CMA course, you will get a minimum of 10 LPA and a Maximum of 50 LPA, it totally depends on the job role.